WELCOME IN CoBL CLAN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME IN CoBL CLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xrovo´s knightrush

Go down

Xrovo´s knightrush Empty Xrovo´s knightrush

Post  Olof Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:50 am

Xrovos shows a good CRush (castle rush) on 15:34 minutes, with resources enough for an early knight attack.

You can download the recorded game here.

Last edited by COBL_Olof on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Olof
Olof
Admin

http://www.wretchedradio.com/

Back to top Go down

Xrovo´s knightrush Empty Re: Xrovo´s knightrush

Post  Olof Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:51 pm

I have practiced this tactic a bit, but it´s quite difficult. I guess one needs a bit training to really master it.

One negative part of this castle rush is that you don't buy loom until really late. If you play a 1v1 the chance is very big that you will get attacked as early as 13 minutes into the game - which means it could devastate your tactic and economy.
So to avoid this to happen I started to train on going loom around pop 10 and the result were as best 40 seconds later, which is 16:34. You can watch my recorded game here.
This strategy is probably a pretty good all round tactic, which strengthen you a bit with loom to avoid rushes and enables you to come fast and strong in castle.

The theory behind this tactic is this:

Step 1: set start villagers on sheep, and buy more of them (if you don't play Chinese) so you have 6 villagers on sheep.
Step 2: buy 4 villagers and set them on wood.
Step 3: buy 1 villager and task him to lure a boar #1 (and buy loom in TC!)
Step 4: buy 2 villagers and set them on berries.
Step 5: buy 1 villager to eat on boar #1.
Step 6: buy 1 villager and set him on berries.
Step 7: buy 1 villager and task him lure boar #2.
Step 8: buy 1 villager and set him on berries.
Step 9: take wounded villagers under TC and set them to make 3 farms.
Step 10: buy 2 villagers and set them to eat on boar or sheeps.
Step 11: buy 4 villagers and set them on wood.
Step 12: buy 3 villagers and set them on gold.
Step 13: Hit Feudal!

During you upgrade to feudal:
Step 14: Set your villagers who once ate sheep to make farms, and perhaps take a few of them to chop wood.

When you reach feudal:
Step 15: buy 2 villagers to either set on gold or on food (depending on what you need most). Meanwhile take two or three villagers to buy two feudal age buildings (for example stable and blacksmith).
Step 16: Hit Castle! Hopefully your time by now is around 14 minutes, which means you reach castle somewhere close to 16:30 or 17.

When you reach Castle:
Step 17: Buy knights (if you have some, if not EW:s) and make more villagers ofc.
Step 18: Buy gold and lumber upgrade.
Step 19: Build an new town center.
And so forth...

Xrovos if you read feel free to correct me if I got something wrong Smile
Olof
Olof
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Olof Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:26 am

One knight rush that is quite easy to manage, and gives a castle time around 16 minutes is this one:

You buy feudal upgrade at pop 25.
When you reach feudal you don't buy any villager, but instead you set some villagers to build stable and market. Then you wait a couple of seconds (and then garrison food villagers to drop their food) and then buy castle upgrade.

I remember me doing this castle trick in old days, and it really scared some people of when they saw me hitting castle around 16. But the negative part is that you will not have as much resources as the strategy above, and you will be about 4 villagers behind. But it might be worth this sacrifice if you get two knights in your opponents base in around 17 minutes rabbit
Olof
Olof
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum