WELCOME IN CoBL CLAN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME IN CoBL CLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mayans and a "tier list"

2 posters

Go down

The Mayans and a "tier list" Empty The Mayans and a "tier list"

Post  SwissKus Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:37 am

Anybody got a recording or an idea of how to play with them? I've read a couple of guides but would like a more visual approach. Also how good are the mayans? Are the Aztecs better? This might sound weird or impossible but how would you rank all the civilizations in AOC? Maybe somebody could quickly write down every civ and what age they excel at and why? Thanks for the help.
SwissKus
SwissKus
Clan member

Back to top Go down

The Mayans and a "tier list" Empty Re: The Mayans and a "tier list"

Post  Olof Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 pm

I think that Mayans are good when it comes to imperial and castle fights in most maps. Other good imperial civ.s are celts and especially koreans when it comes to maps like Michi or Black Forests.

If you want to play Arabia, or Green Arabia, a good feudal rush civ, and castle too, is the huns (because their stable units produce faster).

Last edited by CoBL_Olof on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Olof
Olof
Admin

http://www.wretchedradio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SwissKus Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:41 pm

So whats a good unit combo? Why do people say celts and koreans are so good? Im sorry but I need a little bit more info on why so I can better understand it and apply it into my game. I've recently been doing Plumes+EW+Heavy scorpions, however I never use seige and feel that scorpions arent very good.
SwissKus
SwissKus
Clan member

Back to top Go down

Post  Olof Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Celts and Koreans are good since they both have the "heavy" onager, and some civ. bonus that apply the siege, which is really important when you fight large crowds of enemies in narrow places - like in BF or Michi. With 10 or 15 upg. onagers and some other units (for example paladins or champions, or halberdiers) you can totally crush the most armies. I think I like the Korean better then celts, since they have civ. bonus upgrade in their castle that gives theme +1 range with their siege onagers (and plus that they can build Bombard Towers).

About hv.scorpions (this is just my opinion) they are far to vulnerable and take up to much space. I rather buy hv. onagers that do awful much more damge, then a crowd of Hv. scorpions that takes up a lot of space, when it comes to BF or michi. But this is just my opinion.

EDIT:
About Mayans in BF or Michi, I think I would drop the plumed archers and instead go for onagers and maybe EW:s, since archers are a poor opponents in heavy crowd fight if you opponent got onagers.
Olof
Olof
Admin

http://www.wretchedradio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down